1. Stay in the moment - walking, riding the metro, drinking coffee in a cafe, looking out the window-get a little bored so you'll get new ideas. (stay away from electronics) Ditto.
2. Figure out the best time of day for you to work. ( this may vary for me , depending on the light or my energy.)
3. Always have something to read, or carry a notebook. ( I like a small light-weight notebook or index cards.)
4. Expect maybe the first attempt may not be what you want. (or I think it might be pretty great sometimes.)
5. Everything is potential for inspiration. ( really anything.)
6. Pay attention to what you do on the side-- (now I lead workshops on creative writing and write when I used to dream of writing while teaching high school)
7. Give into your own creative process. (mine can be in bursts of energy)
8. Celebrate a peak moment. (maybe a piece of your writing you think works, a great meal you made, a lovely evening , or a realization)
Celebrate your creative spirit.